NEW PLACE PLAYERS PRESENT
Also available for private booking...
• Create the ultimate corporate or private holiday party.
• Choose the perfect venue. We can travel to you and transform your own place, or we can book a unique event space for you. We’ve partnerships in the tri-state area and in NYC, including the historic Players, 3 West Club, and Casa Duse, among others.
• Pick your chef. We have a partnership with Thomas Keller protégé Max Hansen or you can choose your own chef, depending on the venue.
Who We Are
New Place Players is a traveling, experiential troupe which celebrates the connection of people by combining theatrical performance and dining in a unique pleasurable experience. We transform an existing space into a new place, where full or shorter cabaret productions of Shakespeare are performed as part of a feast at communal tables. Employing his original five-act format and the natural intervals within, the drama, music, and food are each given room to flourish. The fourth wall is gone and the action surrounds and envelops the guests, transporting them through a journey of the senses.
The company is an ensemble of fifteen of the highest caliber professional Equity actors and musicians. We play in clients' homes, clubs, boardrooms, schools, places of worship, restaurants, pubs; indeed in any space where people gather to celebrate. Our audiences range in size from 20 to 150, and the food, inspired by the world of each play, ranges from an exquisite five-course gourmet menu with wine pairings to a hearty simple meal served family style. Our seasoned chefs include Max Hansen (Thomas Keller protégé) and Ross Posmentier (Head Chef at New York Presbyterian's VIP Amenities Unit). We also work with clients' and venues’ own catering teams.
What We Offer
• We perform throughout the Northeast Corridor in event spaces, restaurants, private homes, and Casa Duse, a historic 19th century townhouse in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
• A full production of A Midsummer Night's Dream or Twelfth Night with professional Equity actors and live music.
• The performance surrounds and envelops the audience, creating an atmosphere of intimacy and excitement.
• Max Hansen (Thomas Keller protégé ) creates a five-course gourmet menu inspired by the world of each play. We can also work with your favorite caterer.
• Several menu budget options available.
• A one hour pre-event consultation in the space is required.
• Professional Equity stage manager assures good communication, maximum efficiency and minimal inconvenience.
Prospero's Hors D's
Smoked Salmon Tartare on Danish Rye Crisps with a Lemon Caper Crème Fraiche
A Wild Mushroom Tartlet with Fresh Thyme, Roasted Garlic and a Porcini Aioli
Oven Poached Bronzino
with Caramelized Fennel, Maine Mussels, Fregola Sarda and a Light Saffron Butter Sauce
Roasted Venison Loin with a Star Anise and Vanilla Bean Scented Jus
with Roasted Pears and a Yukon Gold and Parsnip Puree
with Baby Kale Sautéed in Brown Butter
Ferdinand's and Miranda's Dessert
Apple Tarts with a Puff Pastry Crisp
and a Brown Sugar Whipped Cream
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Hippolyta's Hors d'oeuvres
A Roasted Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Tartlet with Fresh Thyme and Garlic
Smoked Salmon Rillettes on Crostini with a Lemon Caper Crème Fraiche
Hippolyta's Herb Marinated and Grilled Shrimp with an Anchovy Butter
Fregola Sarda and Sautéed Spinach served with Grilled Ciabatta
Titania's Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
with Avocado and a Cilantro Oil
Bottom's Chianti Braised Boneless Beef Short Ribs
Farro Risotto with Shibumi Mushrooms and Sautéed Broccoli Rabe
Puck's Blue Moon Acres Arugula
with Currants, Toasted Pine Nuts, Shaved Reggiano Parmesan Cheese and a Citrus Vinaigrette
The Lovers' Individual Fruit Napoleons
Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries
with Puff Pastry Crisps and a Brown Sugar Whipped Cream
Here's a sample of our shows...
The Tempest On Sunday December 10th 2017 in a magnificently restored private barn in beautiful Bucks County, PA, New Place Players and Thomas Keller protégé Max Hansen presented The Tempest. The evening featured a magical, immersive production with live music and a simultaneous three course feast including hors d’oeuvres and wine pairings inspired by the world of…Read More
Private show at The Players In February of 2016 we had the privilege of performing at The Players, the renowned historic club on Gramercy Park founded by the actor Edwin Booth. Our critically acclaimed production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, directed by Obie winner James Ortiz (The Woodsman), enveloped the private audience of 30 guests…Read More
Private show in Bucks County In the fall of 2016, we got the privilege to team up again with Thomas Keller protégé Max Hansen, this time to help promote The Princeton Farmhouse. The critically acclaimed production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, directed by OBIE winner James Ortiz (The Woodsman) enveloped the private audience while they…Read More
Private show in South Hampton Welcome to a new world of Gourmet Salon Shakespeare We combine immersive theater with exquisite dining to create unforgettable experiences. Whether for a corporate event, a charity benefit, or a private celebration at home, we perform full productions of Shakespeare as part of a feast of live music, gourmet food,…Read More
© 2017 New Place Players